ChicP is a raw vegetable hummus company producing delicious alternative dips, founded on a passionate commitment to reducing food waste.
- 40% of British crops are rejected because of their shape or size.
- 1/3 of the food we produce in the UK is never eaten.
- 600,000 tonnes of food are wasted in restaurants per year.
- 300,000 tonnes of food wasted by supermarkets per year.
- The adult population adds a staggering 7 million tonnes on the top of that.
The list goes on...
ChicP was created to counter act against this waste taking the opportunity to have a positive impact on the community, our natural resources shaping our health habits for the better.
Founded by Hannah McCollum, ChicP was set up to bring healthy, colourful dips to the food market. A hummus lover, tired of bland and unhealthy options, Hannah decided to combine her creative cooking and eagerness to help prevent food waste, into healthy, punchy vegetable hummus from surplus vegetables.
Over the last five years, Hannah has cooked for families in the UK and all over Europe, predominantly as a private chef. She would often convert the leftover Ottolenghi type salads into dips for the next meal. Nearly every day the question would be “what’s the dip of the day Hannah”?!
The inspiration behind ChicP was the overriding determination and passion to change the way we approach cooking and food waste.